Title: Regional Placement Coordinator
Location: Noida & Bangalore
Reports to: Senior Manager – Skilling
Overview & Key responsibilities
Nasscom Foundation’s ‘Skills Initiative’ works to bridge the skilling gap in the IT industry in India. The
Foundation works closely with the IT Sector Skills Council – Nasscom SSC. The Foundation helps the
donor organizations finalize various aspects of the Skills-based CSR intervention. The Foundation
also helps support placement of the trained individuals. We work towards equipping individuals with
multiple skill sets including digital and financial with a special focus on technology.
As key member of the team, s/he/they will be managing the placement of beneficiaries enrolled
under the skilling programs of nasscom foundation. Broad structure of responsibilities is noted
- Will be responsible for connecting beneficiaries with potential employers, providing job search guidance and support, and ensuring successful job placements.
- To coordinate and ensure tie-up with key employers and generate placement opportunities for the beneficiaries across programs on a regular basis.
- To spearhead region specific pre-placement activities, career guidance sessions and other related activities.
- Organizing job fairs/job mela/ special recruitment drives and alumni meet.
- Mandate generation from employers - mandates (Demand Letters) develop placement MOUs and/or receive placement
- To initiate Hire and Train model in specific locations .
- To generate employment opportunities for candidates by establishing and maintaining productive employer partnerships in the project locations
- To help the candidates identify employment options that match their career interests
- To assist the candidates in all aspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals
- To schedule and follow up on candidate interviews with prospective employers
- To maintain employer database and candidates’ profile as needed.
- To collaborate and promote Career Planning services through in-class presentations, student organization outreach.
- Travel to field as and when required
- Any other cross functional initiatives as assigned by the line manager
- Monitor and report on job placement outcomes.
- Facilitate training and mentorship opportunities for candidates to prepare them for their new roles.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Education, Business, or Human Resources is preferred.
- Four (4) plus years’ previous experience as Placement Officer/ Human Resource Officer/ or related positions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with candidates and employers.
- Knowledge of job search strategies and resume writing techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- We need change markers to drive our inclusive tech agenda.
- Passion and commitment towards bringing a social change.
If you are looking for a challenging assignment and the above profile sounds like you, please send
your resume at [email protected]
NASSCOM Foundation is an equal opportunity & diversity sensitive employer and women, person
with disability, LGBTQIA+ are especially encouraged to apply.