Title: Assistant Manager WEP (Women Entrepreneurship Programme)
Reports to: LEAD WEP (Women Entrepreneurship Programme)
Overview & Key Responsibilities:
Nasscom Foundation’s ‘Skills Initiative and Entrepreneurship’ works to bridge the skilling gaps and support in building and upskilling entrepreneurship ecosystem in India towards its goals of social transformation and impact through technology. The Foundation helps the donor organizations finalize various aspects of the Skill-based CSR intervention targeted towards empowering women entrepreneurs. These include skill-need discovery and identifying gaps with women entrepreneurs that can be addressed with tech-based upskilling, course curriculum and the region of intervention. We work with training partners to plan for entrepreneurship training, upskilling and setting up SME’s/Start-up’s, targeted towards women and the marginalized. The Foundation has a strong focus to nurture entrepreneurship ecosystem in order to provide sustainable economic growth especially involving women, youth and people with disabilities. We work towards equipping beneficiaries with multiple skill sets including digital and financial with a special focus on technology. Our vision is to build an inclusive and sustainable India by leveraging the capabilities and competencies of the IT/BPM industry.
As key member of the team, s/he/they will be managing the Entrepreneurship initiatives of Nasscom Foundation. Broad structure of responsibilities is noted below.
- Manage and be part of large-scale entrepreneurship /CSR projects.
- Work with state teams and local partners/NGO’s to implement scalable entrepreneurship strategies for testing locally appropriate and innovative projects.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time within the stipulated scope and budget.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Manage budgets or grants as per the expectations and compliance.
- Develop projects and services that generate value for all stakeholders, own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the project.
- Ensure adoption of best practices in projects created and executed.
- Contribute to planning entrepreneur portfolio development, determining resource requirements and resource mobilization strategies.
- Support efforts to develop new institutional mechanisms/arrangements for entrepreneur program strategy.
- Identify key public and private institutions and pursue partnerships towards developing entrepreneurship projects.
- Establish professional linkages with individuals / institutions to develop partnerships in line with the entrepreneur strategy-guided partnership maps
- Contribute to identifying research priorities, initiate research in key areas towards entrepreneurship development and upskilling.
- Any other incidental work as and when required.
- Experienced with the entrepreneurship development ecosystem; maintains and builds trusted relationships with key donors, partners, and stakeholders in the sector.
- Adept with documentation and reporting as per internal/external requirements.
- Updated on relevant technology initiatives/components/tools adding value to the entrepreneurship ecosystem with experience in related project implementation.
- Knowledge in project monitoring & evaluation (M&E), project-implementation-plan (PIP), impact evaluation and ToC framework and ability to apply the same.
- Updated on emerging technologies and can provide need based technical assistance to stakeholders across assigned entrepreneur projects of NF.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (fluency in Hindi is desirable)
- Experience of managing Stakeholder/government relationship would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated expertise in sectoral writing-for-sharing, knowledge curation and dissemination would be an added advantage.
- We need change makers to drive our inclusive tech agenda.
- Passion and commitment towards bringing a social change.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Rural management, Social Work, Development/Gender Studies, Entrepreneurship Studies or any other relevant and inter disciplinary subject.
- Post qualification, 8+ years of professional experience in development sector (non-profit organisation, CSR, multi-lateral organisation); atleast 3-4 years in Entrepreneurship.
- Proven track record of project management; experience in rural project implementation and team management will be given preference.
If you are looking for a challenging assignment and the above profile sounds like you, please send your resumes to [email protected] with subject line ‘Application for Manager-WEP’.
Nasscom Foundation is an equal opportunity & diversity sensitive employer; women, person with disability, LGBTQIA+ are especially encouraged to apply.