Title: Assistant Manager – Skills
Reports to: Senior Manager – Skills
Overview & Key Responsibilities:
The objective of our project is to create a skilled workforce and provide livelihood opportunities for marginalized candidates. We will achieve this by imparting relevant skills through training, assessment, and certification. Our focus will be on placement-linked advanced computing courses, including Full Stack JAVA, Python, Data Analysis, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, or other market-demand technical courses. In addition to technical skills, we will also train candidates to improve their professional, behavioural, and life skills. Through this project, we aim to uplift marginalized individuals by equipping them with the necessary skills for a sustainable livelihood.
As Assistant Manager – Skills, s/he/they will play a crucial role in our skilling project. Broad structure of responsibilities is noted below.
- Manage and be part of large-scale skilling/entrepreneurship/CSR programs, involving frequent travel to diverse locations.
- Effectively manage and supervise projects, ensuring the timely achievement of milestones and budget adherence.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, external partners, and local stakeholders to foster seamless execution of projects across different geographical locations, leveraging cultural insights and local expertise.
- Identify and choose colleges geography wise for training sessions, Ensuring accessibility and establishing immersive environments that encourage and promote participant growth.
- Manage budgets or grants as per the expectations and compliance.
- Produce detailed reports customized to meet the specific needs of internal and external stakeholders, documenting program progress, accomplishments, and valuable insights acquired during travel engagements.
- Conduct thorough baseline assessments to determine the skill levels of candidates, enabling individualised learning interventions to close skill gaps and realise candidates' full potential.
- Ensure adoption of best practices in programs created and executed.
- Engage in occasional speaking engagements, representing the organization's skilling initiatives at conferences, seminars, and industry events, amplifying its thought leadership and networking with key stakeholders.
- Any other incidental work as and when required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (preferred)
- Able to travel widely, as the post requires the candidate to spend at least 60% of their time travelling.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage and connect with colleges and educational institutions effectively
- Familiarity with skilling programs or training initiatives is a plus
- Highly organized with attention to detail Experience of team management.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Strong project management skills to effectively oversee and monitor the skilling project, ensuring timely execution and achievement of objectives.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to create reports, analyse data, and present information accurately and professionally. We need change makers to drive our inclusive tech agenda.
- Passion and commitment towards bringing a social change.
If you are looking for a challenging assignment and the above profile sounds like you, please send your resume at [email protected]
Nasscom Foundation is an equal opportunity & diversity sensitive employer and women, person with disability, LGBTQIA+ are especially encouraged to apply.