Title: Senior Program Manager- Skills & Employability
Location: Noida, Bangalore, Mumbai
Reports to: Head – Skills & Employability
Overview & Key Responsibilities:
Nasscom Foundation’s ‘Skills and Employability’ Initiative works to bridge the skilling gap in India towards its goals of social transformation and impact through technology. The Foundation works closely with the IT Sector Skills Council – Nasscom SSC. The Foundation helps the donor organizations finalize various aspects of the Skill-based CSR intervention. These include skill-need discovery and identifying gaps with women entrepreneurs that can be addressed with tech-based upskilling, course curriculum and the region of intervention. We work with training partners to plan and execute employment linked skill training, upskilling for youth, women, PWD’s, marginalized communities, unemployed graduates, colleges with special focus on aspirational districts/ Tier 2 & 3 cities across states.
Over a decade of our existence we have touched more than one million lives through our efforts towards providing digital literacy, skills for livelihood, supporting Persons with disabilities, empowering Non-profits with technology and engaging in volunteerism. The Foundation has a strong focus to nurture entrepreneurship ecosystem in order to provide sustainable economic growth especially involving women, youth and people with disabilities. We work towards equipping beneficiaries with multiple skill sets including digital and financial with a special focus on technology, vision to build an inclusive and sustainable India by leveraging the capabilities and competencies of the IT/BPM industry.
- As senior member of the team, s/he/they will be leading set of Skilling and Employability projects of Nasscom Foundation. Broad structure of responsibilities is noted below.
- Lead, inspire and mentor program team who will deliver the projects across a wide geography.
- Focused on high quality program reaching every youth in need and be obsessive about impact of the program.
- Oversee the implementation of high quality, well-managed and impactful programs which brings about positive changes in the lives of youths from under-privileged and marginalized sections of the society.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- To ensure the implementation of projects activities in accordance with project or activity budgets.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Institutionalize and initiate strong systems and processes in program execution for efficiency and effectiveness
- Rolling out of newer initiatives or pilot projects.
- Ensuring complete technology adoption throughout the program operations.
- Active contribution to the overall strategy of vertical to strengthen co-ordination and collaboration within and across teams
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Curriculum and Program Development by taking inputs from ground team and other stakeholders.
- Work along with the M&E / Impact team to understand the impact of the programs and include feedback to enhance the quality of program delivery
- Standardize the program delivery processes – program implementation plans, sessions, training, monitoring and reporting
- Work along with Partnership team to plan and execute the program expansion.
- Drive initiatives to motivate team and boost their morale.
- Analysing program risks.
- To ensure placement of the project beneficiaries as per deliverables aiming at their income enhancement.
- Strategize placement and partnerships efforts with Regional Placement Team.
- To network with local stakeholders like state government, development agencies, and other relevant organizations to showcase the achievements
- Knowledge sharing and highlighting best practices in projects at periodic interval.
- To ensure various programmatic and financial documents and reports on monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis to line manager.
- Develop reports, briefings, presentations on project progress and performance for Internal and external stakeholders.
- Frequent Travel to field to oversee project progress.
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication/business management/human resources/information technology/social work, or related field with more than 15 years of experience.
- Seven (7) plus years’ previous experience as Project Manager /Officer or related position in Employability linked Training projects.
- Experience in handling large scale CSR/Donor/ Skill Development Projects is must.
- Understanding of new and emerging technologies.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Experience of managing government relationship would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills.
- Passion and Commitment towards bringing a social change.
- We need change markers to drive our inclusive tech agenda.
If you are looking for a challenging assignment and the above profile sounds like you, please send your resume at [email protected].
Nasscom Foundation is an equal opportunity & diversity sensitive employer and women, person with disability, LGBTQIA+ are especially encouraged to apply.